Sunday, December 27, 2009

Score!

Lovin me some of the red and green ornaments this year and was able to score some at Target today for 50% off.




 Target really had a lot of Christmas stuff left, I thought it would be more picked over than it was.  I've made two of these ornament wreaths this year and now I'll make another with these colors.  Most people are done with Christmas and here I am STILL doing it up.  I learned about these ornament wreaths from Eddie Ross but took some tips from Candace at Crafty Sisters to make my second one and I think it turned out much better and feels sturdier.  Hers are beautiful!

My first wreath using only the hanger and with the ornaments strung on (tops are hot glued on (don't skip this!))


My second wreath using a wire hanger, but only for the first row and then glueing the rest of them on with the hot glue gun.  I like this look better. 


K


2 comments:

  1. Wow! You got some good finds! Even after all the ornaments I bought at the dollar store this year, I was thinking of getting a few more for next year {just to have on hand; you know, in case there's an ornament shortage!}. I had purchased some plain wreaths from Michaels this year and I'd love to play with decorating them next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made one of these wreaths this year too...also using targets 50% off ornaments! I love it!
    Glad I came across your blog, I will be back for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete