Monday, December 28, 2009

Metamorphosis Monday...my first



I am going to link up to my first Metamorphosis Monday over at Between Naps on the Porch.  This entertainment center was in the house when we purchased it and was like the elephant in the room (our family room).  It came with a giant projection screen tv that didn't work very well.  We removed the whole center section of the unit, recessed the top portion of the end cabinets and rebuilt a center section to hold a wine refrigerator, wine glass rack and lights above.  It now resides in our dining room.  We love it!  I wish my pictures were better.

Before:


After:


11 comments:

  1. WOW!
    Now THAT is a transformation!
    Please invite me over for a glass of wine!
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FANTASTIC re-use, it looks like it was MEANT to be in that dining room! Gorgeous! So glad I stopped by! Check in sometime ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great result! Looks perfect for the space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! great redo! Glad you kept it! It looks fabulous.
    Happy New Year!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a change! It looks really nice. Do you all have a lot of experience in woodworking?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candace - we have a little more experience now than we did prior to doing this..hahaha. Our neighbor is an amazing woodworker and has a fantastic woodshop. He helped us along the way. Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love transformations and yours is definitely an unexpected jewel...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I would try this, except I hate our entertainment center {looks wise}. Since my hubby has become more interested in wines over the past year or so, I bet he'd like that set-up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, it's gorgeous! I look forward to seeing more of your blog. I am not really a DIY person, but I'd like to become one! I need to do some updating around here, lol!

    ~ Nan

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey Kelly..
    thanks for stopping by and joining my world!!
    and once again..welcome to bloggerland..
    one of the most fun places to be..
    smiles!
    Loui♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that came out fabulous! Nicely done. What a great team you and your hubby make.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete